Tuesday 24 June 2008

Eeeek!


This is what I saw when I stepped into the bath first thing this morning.

No, I did not scream. Mainly because I thought it was a baby turtle (we have them here) and I felt all warm and motherly inside.

Then I noticed it's thin, hairy legs! Does the photo reflect my trembling hand?

But what can you do when you are naked? Crush the thing? There would be oodles and oodles of blood. Take it outside? Not until I'm dressed.

So I cowered and showered at one end of the bath and it clung to the wall at the other end.

But you should have heard me swear at it as I carried it outside on, very luckily, an old Guardian I had left lying around. 'You are not going to climb off this paper, so you are not!'. And it did not. And now I am safe.

But what the heck is it?

No comments: