Tuesday 29 April 2008

Schengen

We've really made it! Arriving in Vilnius yesterday I was dismayed when I found myself on the wrong side of the bus to be the first to reach passport control at the airport - my regular sport on my journey home, and one in which I usually win.

Turns out that for Schengen flights there is no passport control any more.....which explains also why the flight left from a passport-free end of Vienna airport (after I had trundled through their passport control to get to the usual departure gate I then found I had to re-enter Austria to leave for Vilnius). Life's so easy now....

1 comment:

varske said...

Same in Slovenia. On the way back, after the security check I wondered where the hell the passport check had gone. Answer upstairs in the new terminal. Now if you go to non-Schengen countries, you miss out on the free wi-fi and power supplies, but not the gibanica and cream slices.