Saturday 24 January 2009

Air Baltic laying off staff

Here it says that Air Baltic is now laying off 112 staff in Vilnius. That's scary, very very scary.

You would have thought that with one major competitor out of the way (flyLAL), they would have had more business.  In fact I've recently noticed that they cut the direct flight to Berlin; now I have to fly via Riga. To fly to Cologne next month I need to do a three-hop trip, changing airline in the middle, whereas before they had nice links via the SAS system.

If they were to go out of business, too, then we we would be almost cut off here, and totally dependent on western airlines.

1 comment:

varske said...

I can't decide whether to buy my next ticket to Vilnius and risk them going bankrupt or pay a fortune to go another way and be safe.