Thursday 31 January 2008

Am I being green?

Bought an egg-boiler the other day. You may scoff - that'll be one of the things that lands at the back of the cupboard before the month's out, I hear you say. Maybe - won't be taking it to Georgia tomorrow.

Fact is that I like a boiled egg, but a lightly boiled one (but life's too short for toast soldiers). My cholesterol is perfect, should anyone be asking. Doing them on the electric cooker I never managed to get them right, and they were always hard. So I bought this thing for about 8 Euros.
I was surprised to see that it uses only about a thimble (or two) full of water, so by default it must use less electricity. Does that make it green?

How many eggs will I need to boil before the energy used in manufacture has been compensated for? (Though the pot I used before was also manufactured). If you really are that sad that you'd want to calculate that you'd need to know that the more eggs you boil at one session, the less water it needs - but I can't eat that many eggs at one go!

No comments: