Saturday 2 February 2008

Brrrrr.....

Back in Georgia, and back into winter arrangements. Ohh, it's cold! Only minus 1 degrees C, but it's the flat that is freezing. After sliding into bed at about 6 am and never getting warm, found out that it might have had something to do with the open bedroom window, perhaps. Will be better prepared tonight!

The one thing that should really have been freezing, and was not, was the freezer. 'eck! When I left my landlady and I had a conversation and it might have involved the word 'elektra'. In my usual 'fake the understanding' way I must have nodded assent, and apparently, it now turns out, the question was 'do you want me to turn the electricity off'. When I first opened the (working) fridge last night, I thought I had left some chilli con carne in the fridge instead of the freezer. Then I spotted a tub of mouldy icecream in the fridge and some other stuff. Obviously someone has been along and rescued what was rescuable at some stage. But my nice frozen baked plums, which are still in the freezer, and some lumps of meat - how are they? Jeeez.

Outside it's nice and sunny, with a huge pile of snow in the garden. The three Alsation puppies seem to sleep outdoors and do the other dog(s). Not sure about the running - there are quite a few icy places; need to scout the situation out - as I go out to re-fill my freezer.....

(Everything looks very quiet...)

No comments: